• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord or Sublease? Voidable or void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

all3open

This is in Orlando, FL

My girlfriend is in the middle of a lease where she is a roomate and rents 1 bedroom in a house. The house is owned by the parents of the two roomates that also live in the house. The written lease agreement is between my girlfriend and the son of one of the property owners that is one of her roomates. So i see this "lease" as an actual sub-lease. The son is who signed the lease and is listed as landlord on the lease. Isn't landlord and property owner a synonymous term? I was quite surprised to see this as she was just furnished with a copy of the lease today about 3 months after she signed it. They also gave her an unsigned copy. The roomates of the house use drugs and leave paraphernalia in the common areas and she would like to move out. Is this lease voidable based on the lease being in actuality a sublease? Is this lease valid at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">