• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/tenant property rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doodler

doodler said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
I am 5 months into a commercial lease (year long) and the person who was in this space before me left some inventory. The owner of the building has stopped by and wants to remove it, and the original owner of the property wants to remove it also. My question is - who does it belong to?
It has value, and I think the original owner is entitled to it but should also be liable to me for rental space that he has been taking up over the past 5 months. Thanks for any advice...

Happy Trails

doodler said:
I am 5 months into a commercial lease (year long) and the person who was in this space before me left some inventory. The owner of the building has stopped by and wants to remove it, and the original owner of the property wants to remove it also. My question is - who does it belong to?
It has value, and I think the original owner is entitled to it but should also be liable to me for rental space that he has been taking up over the past 5 months. Thanks for any advice...
The inventory, that apparently has been abandoned, is an issue between the landlord and the previous tenant.

The issue of the inventory taking up space that you are leasing from the landlord is an issue between you and the landlord.

This may be a helpful link:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0083/PART01.HTM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">