• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Threatening to kick us out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbate217

What is the name of your state? TX

Lately, I have been contacted by my landlord on 2 occasions regarding neighbor complaints. The first was 1-2 months ago. We had a party at my house, and people ended up blocking a neighbors driveway. This was from 10PM-2AM when the incident occured. The police were not called and the landlord came to my house the next day to explain the complaint, in a very harassing manner I might add. I still have no proof this even happened and am going on his word alone.

This second time, I wake up to my landlord beating on my door. I open the door to find him standing there, along with my house having been toiletpapered. We spoke a few words again, and come to find that a neighbor has again complained to the landlord. Not the police. He soon left and an hour later there was no more mess, in my yard or the neighbors.

On a day to day basis, our house is one of the nicest kept on the street. The yard is kept up with, we don't have trash laying around, and there are no objects in our yard. Our neighbors have boxes outside their house, dogs running around the streets, and unkept yards which looks very trashy. For these people to complain about us feels unfair because they neglect their own properties.

Is this possible for him to kick us out without real evidence such as police reports? What it seems like to me is its his and our neighbors word against my word.

I will be reviewing my contract within the next few days to find what it says in the contract about neighbor complaints. Even so, there is no proof a neighbor has ever complained other than the landlord saying they had. Along those lines, I now have proof that our house is much more kept up with, by taking digital pictures and storing them on my computer.

Any help regarding this situation would be appreciated.

BL

Congratulations on your well kept property .

Unfortunately YOU have wasted your time and energy taking pictures to compare your property.

You have been complained about to your landlord about disturbing your neighbors right to quite and enjoyment. Be thankful the Police weren't called.

Your Landlord has every right to confront you about complaints such as this and evict you under objectionable tenancy .

What should you focus on ? Either Stop the parties , or be ready to be evicted or move .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">