• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord use Racist Slur?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deafmobilehome

I'm a hearing impaired tenant for 7 yrs. My landlord use Racist Slur? He never call any interpreter for deaf or no write note. He disapproved my color paint is Blue (see my video clip) for Rules and Reglulations: Need fresh coat of exterior paint on my mobile home. he'll plan to terminate my rent space.

See my video clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7MaaEt-PyM

FlyingRon

I'm not hard of hearing but I don't hear any slur. Are you claiming "Excuse me, I don't know if you can hear me. Do you understand what I'm saying?" is somehow racist? It seems polite and "deaf" is not a race.

Even if he made one, what difference would it make?

All I hear is him complaining you painted the place without approval for changing the color. That's quite reasonable as well.

Do you have a lease?

What did he say that leads you to believe he is terminating your tenancy?

What state are you in?

STEPHAN

When you posted, you were asked "What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?".

Why did you deleted that question?

I looked at a few of you videos. Are you sure it is legal to publish videos of other people in public and accuse them of criminal intentions?

Also, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that LL. He was nice and precise. Looking at the other videos it looks as if you try to find something wrong with almost everybody ;-)

Last edited:

deafmobilehome

I'm not hard of hearing but I don't hear any slur. Are you claiming "Excuse me, I don't know if you can hear me. Do you understand what I'm saying?" is somehow racist? It seems polite and "deaf" is not a race.

Even if he made one, what difference would it make?

All I hear is him complaining you painted the place without approval for changing the color. That's quite reasonable as well.

Do you have a lease?

What did he say that leads you to believe he is terminating your tenancy?

What state are you in?
My hearing friend heard a word. He called me a "Chink!" or "Stink!" with temper face before walked away. I live in California. I recieved a 7-day Notice letter for need painting or terminate my rent agreement.

FlyingRon

Nope, I don't hear any of them. All I hear him say is that you need to change the color and you have to get approval before you change things. The last words are "O.K."
Even if he called you a racist name it makes no difference to your legal issues.

Are you paying rent weekly?

Why did you paint the house that hideous blue color? Why didn't you ask the landlord first?

They're free to terminate your lease. You appear to be an undesirable tenant.

deafmobilehome

Nope, I don't hear any of them. All I hear him say is that you need to change the color and you have to get approval before you change things. The last words are "O.K."
Even if he called you a racist name it makes no difference to your legal issues.

Are you paying rent weekly?

Why did you paint the house that hideous blue color? Why didn't you ask the landlord first?

They're free to terminate your lease. You appear to be an undesirable tenant.
Pay rent monthly. I'm on SSDI.

old paint has been faded, mold and too dirty. i don't like color paint was baby blue. it belong to ex-tenant's mobilehome due to i bought it. and recieved a 7 days notice letter: Need fresh coat painting. i like to change color blue. but, disapproved

landlord never call interpreter and never write note or never use relay service for deaf. I'm tired of who's stabbing my back and making fun of me.

Eekamouse

Yep, an undesirable tenant who spends all his time looking for reasons to antagonize his neighbors if you go off of the string of ridiculous videos he's posted on youtube.

Eekamouse

Pay rent monthly. I'm on SSDI.

old paint has been faded, mold and too dirty. i don't like color paint was baby blue. it belong to ex-tenant's mobilehome due to i bought it. and recieved a 7 days notice letter: Need fresh coat painting. i like to change color blue. but, disapproved

landlord never call interpreter and never write note or never use relay service for deaf. I'm tired of who's stabbing my back and making fun of me.
How is telling you that you need to change the color of your mobile home from the bright blue that no one else has to something that meets the requirements everyone else has to conform to stabbing you in the back and making fun of you?

STEPHAN

Ever considered that how you feel people treat you has something to do with the way you treat them?

davew128

Without discussing the racial epithet, it would seem our OP owns the mobile home, and is renting the land beneath it.

deafmobilehome, what does your lease say, if anything, regarding the color, condition, and maintenance of your mobile home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">