• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord violated my privacy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bwilcox01

What is the name of your state? Portland, Michigan.

yesterday morning i was getting up watching t.v. in my living room on the second floor of a two story apt building. we have a private porch which is available for only me and my girlfriend to use. i was in my underwear and suddenly i saw a ladder slam against the porch andtwo workers clime up to my porch. they proceeded to rip up one of the porch planks and install some flashing. when they climmed up they saw me and were laughing, i was in shock and just moved out of sight. i feel violated and am really pissed. the lease we signed states that the landlord must give a 24 hour notice to enter the premises. i was wondering what i could do legally/civally. im wondering if they voided the lease and wht recourse i can take. thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">