• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord wants to break lease early

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lalegalgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I lease a guest house and the end of my lease is not until november and i just got a notice from the landlord saying I have to be out in 30 days for a breach of contract by me and his allegations against me are totally false. One of his claims is that I have had a guest stay in my house for 14 days and nobody i have had over has ever stayed over night and I have not had a guest over in almost three weeks. They also claim that dog ran into their house and craped on their floor and that never happened either. I am not in a position to move right now and am not what my rights are. I have never been late on the rent since I moved in.

Who's Liable?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I lease a guest house and the end of my lease is not until november and i just got a notice from the landlord saying I have to be out in 30 days for a breach of contract by me and his allegations against me are totally false. One of his claims is that I have had a guest stay in my house for 14 days and nobody i have had over has ever stayed over night and I have not had a guest over in almost three weeks. They also claim that dog ran into their house and craped on their floor and that never happened either. I am not in a position to move right now and am not what my rights are. I have never been late on the rent since I moved in.
If you feel the LL accusations are false, inform the LL you have not breached your contract, and request their proof, however do this in WRITING to create a paper trail.

If you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">