• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord who is illegally making us suffer is trying to sue because theyre scaredk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STEPHAN

Thank you for the story.

It was way to much to read it all. But it looks like you did not have a question.

You did not answer the most important question: What state?

TenantinDilema

california

they broke the lease before I even signed the contract

they made us illegally pay their other tenants utilities for 5 half years and he reimbursed be 75 a month for the first 15 months but he has collected 100 dollars a month for utilities as a fake expense to him and instead of giving it to us he has pocketed it. Can you imagine how many times our electricity was almost going to turn off. Our income is calculated and he is forcing us to make our aunt pay for the electricity and he is telling us that oh you have extra people living here it is because he is illegally forcing a extra expense every month and section 8 doesnt know about the expense so they calculate the rent according to our income so we are literally a 100 something dollars short everymonth. but the tenant is a huge electricity waster he leaves his acs running fan mode 24 hours a day and leaves his sliding door open imagine if he runns his 2000 watt electric heater and leaves the sliding door open in the winter.

Please read the entire message you will feel my pain and understand.

If I was incorrect with my complaint the first time he would have never reimbursed 1/4 of all electricity and 1/5 of all gas. I am at a loss of not only thousands but I am at a loss for life that has been lost with fights, friendships broken, health broken from stress

FarmerJ

if your on section 8 have you ever complained to your s8 worker about the LL not following the lease or your complaints re utility billing ? if there were repair issues did you ever tell section 8 or your city housing inspections desk that the LL is not making repairs ?

TenantinDilema

No we treated them like family its just they never returned the love back

the other day I was thinking to myself It is not them that changed the way they acted besides them backstabbing us

It is me who has started to stand up to myself and not take every sucker punch they have given us. They are intelligent and they use
reverse psychology to make you feel like you have done something wrong when they are the ones doing the wrong stuff.

We never told section 8 anything because one I just found out the other day that section 8 is not affiliated with land owners at all and wont do anything with landlords and also we havent done anything because we are not that kind of people. I just feel so disrespected that I wont let myself loose my guard next to them anymore. They took the flavor out of life living here. Its like your own brother stabbing you and you smiling back and saying sorry when he is the one hurting you so that he would stop.

When we came to look at the place, we decided that we wanted to live here and we asked the person showing us the place we said you know Im not saying right now but later if we want to paint do you think that would be okay and they replied yes ofcourse do whatever you want. That do whatever you want went from do whatever your want to Please can you clean up the dog poop and he says stupid things like pick that up like were his bitch, he never put anything that he is requiring of us on the lease because he knows if he does he would be asked well were you doing this the whole time or are you doing it now?

he basically will wait until you have a dollar then he will try to grab it, he wont let you know that he is waiting to know that you have a dollar you get what I mean.

TenantinDilema

You dont get it theyre trying to make us repair the house and then make us move out

All of the closet shelves have collapsed numerous times in each closet I fixed it every time

There was q huge ****aroach infestataandand they were breating inside of their dish washer mother board I emptied the kitchen including kitchen appliances and I caulked ever crack bombed the kitchen and virtually elimanted the ****aroach infestation forever and I didnt get compensated I tilled over 400 sq ft of soil and made a beautiful garden bed and didnt get compesated theyre just using us all

FarmerJ

I don't like repeating my self but my last post asked you if you had complained to one of two places > your city housing inspections desk that the LL is not making repairs ? <

Gail in Georgia

Quite honestly, time to move.

And listen, stop posting that you're both a Section 8 family on food stamps and welfare and yet the leaking roof had ruined your 2300 dollar mattress. Folks who aren't receiving all these benefits can't afford a 2300 dollar mattress.

You wish to be compensated because you bombed your kitchen and made a garden bed?

Frankly, your posting smacks of the typical entitlement disease.

Gail

TenantinDilema

My question is can I move without worry about these people following me like coyotes, I always do the right thing but they turned out to be betrayers AND they don't give me permission to fix anything they say you might make it worse, and they're not fixing it at the same time. I just want to move without being harassed later.

TenantinDilema

Farmer J I have not complained because were the kind of people who would never sue anybody now I'm just in defensive mode I never attack anybody I always defend only I volunteer at two hospitals and I go to school full time I don't have time for stupid people like this

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Farmer J I have not complained because were the kind of people who would never sue anybody now I'm just in defensive mode I never attack anybody I always defend only I volunteer at two hospitals and I go to school full time I don't have time for stupid people like this
If you have no proof that the landlord was ever notified of required repairs, then how can you complain that things weren't fixed?

There is no way that any of us could know if the LL will pursue you or "harass" you after you move out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">