• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord won't evict roommate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEPHAN

You have absolutely no evidence that your roommate stole anything. I would be very careful accusing somebody committing a crime without any evidence. In this country you are innocent until proven guilty.

The LL is not responsible for anything stolen. He did nothing wrong.

What you are stating is that you knew this would happen, even put that in writing.

How did you yourself take responsibility for this?

Did you

- Put in an extra lock on your door?
- Remove your valuables?
- Install a security camera?
- Temporary move out?
- Permanently move out?

(I could come up with more solutions, but you get the idea.)

I that fair? You might say no, but life is not about being fair. It is about taking responsibility and action when it is time – not expecting others to do it for you.

Gail in Georgia

"Who the hell reads the Terms of Service?!"

Continuing to prove your laziness.

"I have had a burglary incident recently and filed a police statement. Which has finally lead up to this. My roommate was moving out of the apartment while I was at work and called the cops saying my stuff was stolen. The cop said he couldn't do anything till I came home. Left home at 2 and girlfriend went to class at 3. Got home later from work at 8 and nothing was there. A note left by my roommate to call the cops and a number to contact the cop that came on scene. The report showed no form of breaking in and all signs point towards my roommate. All I could do is allege him and put him down as the suspect. Take note I've been living here for 2 years and I have never had an incident such as this. I have documents informing our leasing manager this would happen. Close to $800 plus of my stuff is now gone. Can I form a lawsuit against my landlord for not listening to me? Or a small suite case against my roommate?"

You can sue whomever you wish. Your problem will be proving in court any of what you claim. Your evidence to show in court that your roommate is the thief is....what???? You have no legal justification to sue your landlord. Your former roommate may have one if you go around stating they stole from you without proof of such.

Hopefully you have renters insurance (although, somehow, this is doubtful) and if so, you've filed a claim for the items you lost.

Gail

Muy808

explanation

Read my last comments.

I have had a recent burglary.

1)It was my rooommate

2)I knew and told my landlord this would happen.

3)Numerous evidence of proof.
-The case report even says it.
-No alibi
-Nothing adds up

He's probably at his new apartment using my stuff.

4) Eyewitnesses and The previous cat owner's testimony
-The living condition and abondonment of his cats
-She had to come to my apartment just to feed the cats and clean up his room from the feces

5)Police Report

6)Manager didn't do anything about it before it happened.
- I have email saved from the messages we exchanged about the situation.
-Cats weren't taken care of and she said she would do it.

ALSO, I have a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment.

-I have the masterbedroom and built in bathroom.

-My lease is separate from his and I have been here longer. 2 years.

-His bathroom was the common area.

-I have never experienced a burglary or theft in my apartment ever.

-Since then Jun 11, he's abandoned his cats and now came back to steal from me.

I haven't moved because I go to a University not too far from here and my work is conveniently close to where I live. Plus I've been here long enough to have cheap rent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gail in Georgia

"3)Numerous evidence of proof."

"All I could do is allege him and put him down as the suspect".

Listen Perry Mason, if this is your "proof" you're the one who will look like an idiot in court.

If you think he's at his new apartment using your "stuff" get actual proof of this instead of guessing.

The rest of your posting is nonsense.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">