• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlords contractor damaged property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexp@cushcraft

New Hampshire - M :mad: y landlord just had our apt building roof rebuilt. During the process the contractor damaged my handicap accessible ramp by dumping thousands of pounds worth of scrap onto the ramp which is used to get my son in and out of our apartment. I have talked to the landlord and contractor in regard to getting the damages repaired. At first they requested to get the damages quoted. It was quoted at $800. Now they have all refused to pay stating that they believe the ramp is still usable although damaged. I am infuriated! If an auto is damaged in an accident and the doors are dented, would it be ok for the body shop to pull the dent with a plunger and leave the crease in the door? I tried nicely to resolve this between the parties without success so now I want to file a small claim in court. Niether the contractor or landlord will give me the contractors company name or information. What am I to do? How should I proceed?

longneck

you don't need to sue the contractor. your LL is the one responsible for the actions of a contractor that they hire. sue the LL. if you win, they will probably go after the contractor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">