• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late Fees & Parking Requirements.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KRenter

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I live in a Charlotte, NC apartment complex. I was wondering if it was legal for the property manager can charge $125.00 for late fees on a $800 monthly payment for rent? I was also wondering what the requirements where when it comes to parking and safety concerns thereof? Can i be forced to walk over 50 yards to my apartment in the middle of the night because they don't offer enough parking spots for the apprtments?

FarmerJ

Parking , would not likely be regulated by any kind of city or county code. Parking is normally assigned or random, unless your lease promises you a parking spot with in X number feet of your unit, 50 yards is not a big deal. If its too dark in the lot then you can atleast learn what your city codes are for exterior lighting for multi unit housing. Last fees Unless regulated by a state law its what the market will bear. If your not late on the rent then its not a hassle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">