• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lead paint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sasu

What is the name of your state? Georgia
After finding out that a home we previously rented had been tested for lead paint, and looking back on the original lease, we found that we had not had a disclosure in the lease regarding the fact that there may have been lead paint in the home. What recourse do I have against this landlord for not disclosing this to us. I suffered from major migrane headaches the two years I lived in the home, they are documented by my physician, and I wonder if this is why. The paint on the home was in terrible shape, peeling. She kept saying she was going to side the home and in the 4 years my roomate lived there she never did. Is there anything I can do to make sure that no one else has to find out after the fact? Also, I received a letter from what I guess is her collection company saying that we owe her money for rent due after we terminated the lease..4 days worth, also we owe her for some "damages" which existed when my roomate moved in, and were documented by him on a move in inspection. How can I fight her on this? After the health risk she put us in, I think she shoud owe us. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Sasu said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
After finding out that a home we previously rented had been tested for lead paint, and looking back on the original lease, we found that we had not had a disclosure in the lease regarding the fact that there may have been lead paint in the home. What recourse do I have against this landlord for not disclosing this to us. I suffered from major migrane headaches the two years I lived in the home, they are documented by my physician, and I wonder if this is why. The paint on the home was in terrible shape, peeling. She kept saying she was going to side the home and in the 4 years my roomate lived there she never did. Is there anything I can do to make sure that no one else has to find out after the fact? Also, I received a letter from what I guess is her collection company saying that we owe her money for rent due after we terminated the lease..4 days worth, also we owe her for some "damages" which existed when my roomate moved in, and were documented by him on a move in inspection. How can I fight her on this? After the health risk she put us in, I think she shoud owe us. Thanks for any advice!
**A: the rent and damages due are a separate issue from the lead paint non-disclosure. Take L to small claims court. On the lead paint issue, you can file a case in Federal court or file a complaint with DOJ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">