• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Agreement / Air Conditioner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goroman

I think what folks are trying to get across is that these lease clauses the management is letting slide or changing are not habitual code violation that would cause an inhabitable situation ,thus if you were just to leave ,the court might side with the owner/management that you broke the lease .

You did not even ask if you could transfer units away from the neighbor with the noisy A/C .

A tenant should always try to approach the LL/Management to find a solution before flying off the handle.
Can anyone, or even LL guarantee that transfer to another unit will be any better than it is now? No, nobody can guarantee this so this "solution" is irrelevant. In fact, I'm 99% sure it will be worse....I know that.
And as I told I have approached the management and they ignore me without responding.

Last edited:

BL

Can anyone, or even LL guarantee that transfer to another unit will be any better than it is now? No, nobody can guarantee this so this "solution" is irrelevant. In fact, I'm 99% sure it will be worse....I know that.
And as I told I have approached the management and they ignore me without responding.
What can I do in this situation? How can I legally fight it? So the lease that we sign, it doesn't mean anything?
Give proper notice per your lease and terminate at the end of it .

When living in an Apartment Building/house, complex, or high rise you must expect these annoyances .

Landlords and management pretty well know what a court would conclude is a breach of lease making the lease void altogether .

You can not guaranty your next apartment will not have an annoying neighbor issue.

goroman

Give proper notice per your lease and terminate at the end of it .

When living in an Apartment Building/house, complex, or high rise you must expect these annoyances .

Landlords and management pretty well know what a court would conclude is a breach of lease making the lease void altogether .

You can not guaranty your next apartment will not have an annoying neighbor issue.
Terminate when? Before expiration? What would court conclude?

Searchertwin

Ok, management completely ignore my requests and do not respond. What should I do?
You are being thick-headed about this problem.

The reason management is ignoring you, because you have no real complaint to argue about.
You want things your way and it is not going to happen as long as you chose to rent. The person who owns the place has the final word unless it is STIPULATED in lease that you can argue about every little thing that is not pleasing to you. And that is NEVER going to happen.

No one, as stated, can guarantee that you will not be bother by other residents and their problems, unless you live in far far away in the country without neighbors.

What should you do? Wait till lease is up and leave. Any other option, you will be paying all the rent, till LL finds a tenant to replace. And he probably won't try hard enough for a complainer. Would you?

goroman

They called me today, promised that manager will contact me regarding this. If they do not do anything about this issue I'm not going to wait till lease expires. They themselves broke rules in the lease and I will be moving out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">