• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease agreement should be notarized?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

volodos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I took over 2 restaurant last year with my partner. We separated and each entity agreed to own 1 restaurant respectively from Jan. of this year.

Since separation, my ex-partner had big financial issue and could not pay 2.5 month rent. Since my name is not removed by landlord's rejection, the ladlord is continuosly asking me to pay what my ex-partner owe.

While I am looking for a new tenant with my ex-partner's consent, I am negotiating with the landlord to reduce rent payment. However he is not cooperative. The original lease term is 15 years and 12 years left.

The business has been struggled due to economy situation and improper management. Without reducing rent, it is very hard to find a tenant to replace my ex partner. I am aslo negotiating about "buy-out" option as well.

Today abruptly I found that there is no notary in the lease agreement.

1) I'd like to know if notary is required in texas.
2) If it is not, anyway i'd like to know if I can use this fact (non-notarized lease agreement) as leverage for negotiation.

Thanks a ton.

in the lease agreement

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">