• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease agreement, what if i end it early?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeff1977

What is the name of your state? California

If i give a landlord a deposit equal to the rent for one month. Then if i sign a lease agreement for one year. What could his actions be against me if i leave before the end of the contractual date?

south

Though shall owe thy landlord a silk purse filled with gold coins....

You are responsible for the full duration of the contract, the landlord would have to make an attempt to re-rent, any time not rented through the remaining duration of the contract you will be responsible to pay for, plus any advertising costs, plus any cleaning costs to re-prepare unit, plus any legal fees landlord paid to recover damages and rent owed.

jeff1977 said:
What is the name of your state? California

If i give a landlord a deposit equal to the rent for one month. Then if i sign a lease agreement for one year. What could his actions be against me if i leave before the end of the contractual date?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">