• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease ending..fee for no 60 day notice to renew.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgeloop

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida
I rented an apartment for 3 years and decided to move closer to my job when my lease was up. On the last month I was told I had to give 60 day notice in writing or they would keep my $425 security deposit. I agreed. Four months later I got a notice from a collections agency that I owed $725.00 ($1150.00 - $425.00 security deposit they kept). When I went to the apartment complex office to ask why, they said yes I owe the money for insufficent notice to vacate. They could not show me where on the lease it said they could charge me over keeping my security or how much over they could charge. They pointed to a section that decribes early termination and requiring a 60 day notice, but I forfilled my 12 month lease. It was not a early termination. This fee is now on my credit report and no apartment complex will rent to me because of this.
Disputing with the credit reporting agencies has gone nowhere. They say only that the item has been reported correctly ..not that if it is legitimate. What can i do now?

Last edited:

mgeloop

Thank You So Much For This Info!!!! I Looked At My Lease And It Is The Same Management Company. I Think I Should Have Been Involved In The Class Action. I Am Now Filing Claim Files With The Class Action Lawfirm. Thank You So Much. :) :) :) :) :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">