• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease never renewed,now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InDisBelief

What is the name of your state? Ca.
my father had signed a lease 24 yrs. ago and since then has not had any new lease .Because my father had requested to see his original lease and they dont have it ,the manager had given my father a forged copy of a lease signed a few years back by someone else not my father (unknown signitures).What should he do in this case? He has been served an retalitory eviction notice and this is why he needed to see his lease in the first place ,rrequested by an eviction attorney.:confused:

HomeGuru

InDisBelief said:
What is the name of your state? Ca.
my father had signed a lease 24 yrs. ago and since then has not had any new lease .Because my father had requested to see his original lease and they dont have it ,the manager had given my father a forged copy of a lease signed a few years back by someone else not my father (unknown signitures).What should he do in this case? He has been served an retalitory eviction notice and this is why he needed to see his lease in the first place ,rrequested by an eviction attorney.:confused:
**A: then where is his copy of the lease?

InDisBelief

There has been no other lease signed since 1992 other than a forged least that was said to be signed by my father in 2001,but he is sure he did not sign it .He is also sure that for his other two propertys that my sister and myself live in has no updated lease as well since 92.

M

macktosh

Unless he is under rent control, then why do you think he should get anymore then a 30 or 60 day notice to move?

Explain please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">