• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Null and Void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladybug1122

Is a rental lease in the state of washington, seattle null and void if the leasing office allows someone who is not on the lease (a friend) sign your name to the lease without you being there?

The person who signed the lease for me did not qualify for the apartment which the leasing office knew by cheching there credit report and was not income contingent but the leaseing office allowed them to stay there anyway.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

Is a rental lease in the state of washington, seattle null and void if the leasing office allows someone who is not on the lease (a friend) sign your name to the lease without you being there?

The person who signed the lease for me did not qualify for the apartment which the leasing office knew by cheching there credit report and was not income contingent but the leaseing office allowed them to stay there anyway.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I have thought about this a day or so, and I'm going to say, yes, in this case if it isn't your signature on the lease, you cant be held to its terms, and your friend will be out of her home.

Was this a renewal or something? what do you mean "stay there anyway" do you mean "move in anyway"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">