• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedesia Simpson

Virginia, can a motel you live in tell you you can't have upgraded comforters that all the other rooms have because you stay there as a tenant. That they would have to charge you more money.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Virginia, can a motel you live in tell you you can't have upgraded comforters that all the other rooms have because you stay there as a tenant. That they would have to charge you more money.
Sure they can. What makes you believe you are entitled to "upgraded comforters"?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
More to the point, why should you?

Bottom line, whether you like the answer or not, the answer is, yes, it is legal to deny you an upgraded comforter.

FarmerJ

When renting a furnished unit one normally just has to accept the things the Landlord supplies so if you don't like the bedding the landlord provides and you have already been given a answer by the landlord as to your request for something else other than what the landlord is supplying then you are truly free to cease using the one the landlord supplies , buy your own , neatly fold up the one you aren't using and store it in the closet . Do not dispose of it other wise you will owe the landlord for a replacement when you do move out.

Gail in Georgia

Oh, we understand what you're asking. You want "upgraded comforters" but you just don't want to pay extra for these.

The rent you are currently paying did not include these. Since you now want them it would be reasonable that this motel might consider providing them with an increase in your rent.

However, they are not legally bound to do this.

Gail

FarmerJ

If you are not in a long term or fixed term rental then you are free to choose giving proper notice and find another furnished rental that will perhaps suit your needs better, landlords are not obligated by law to supply the same things for each and every rental and in furnished rentals the furnishings often vary from unit to unit.

Fedesia Simpson

Zinger whoever you r stay off my post obviously you have no legal advice. I didn't ask for your personal opinion. That's about as nice as I can put it believe me. Don't troll on my post. You won't like my next response neither will it be nice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zinger whoever you r stay off my post obviously you have no legal advice. I didn't ask for your personal opinion. That's about as nice as I can put it believe me. Don't troll on my post. You won't like my next response neither will it be nice.
You GOT your answer from me...accurate and legal.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
1. Get an education.
2. Grow up.
3. Stop pretending to "warn" long-standing members here.
4. Go pay an attorney to tell you what you want to hear.

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">