• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal? Can I move?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knewbetter

What is the name of your state? Indiana

This is the extent of my lease:

I have entered into a 1 year contract with ----- for an apartment for $650 month from 8/4/03 to 8/4/04 with the exception of the loss of my employment, I will honor this contract.

Signed by myself & landlord

One month into the lease, I got a rommate. On 9/11/03 this was in my mailbox. "The rent for each additional roommate other than immediate family members will be $50 a week."

Not signed or agreed by either party.

The apartment is not worth the extra $50 per week. I told the landlord that we would be moving. They said that I have a legal and binding contract.

Do I have to pay this? Is my lease even legal? Can I move without any recourse? They have no personal information on me except my name and my employer.

Any help is appreciated.

annefan

Your landlord signed a lease with a provision for you to be released from the contract upon termination of your employment?? Who do you work for, your landlord?

HomeGuru

annefan said:
Your landlord signed a lease with a provision for you to be released from the contract upon termination of your employment?? Who do you work for, your landlord?
**A: it appears that we need clarification but this is a duplicate post anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">