• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal repercussions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tey38

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

What I really need to know is if they come into my apartment univited if I can have them arrested and If I put a new lock on and they bust it is it breaking and entering even if they are employees of the business down stairs. they already busted one lock that was already there when I moved in.

FarmerJ

Who Is they ? If your refering to your landlord your landlord does have a right to enter the unit the first one is IF there is a emergency that justifys entry with zero notice like plumbing heating electrical systems problems . after true emergency then a LL should give reasonable notice . Some states spell it out in number of hours notice some dont . Search in your state govt web page for landlord tenant and read up .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">