• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to send a bill without any data (End reading- Start reading of billing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garyall

What is the name of your state? MI

Sub: Is it legal to send a bill without any data (End reading- Start reading of billing meter)…?

Hi,
I need your advice & the possible options, against the hidden data bill sendign by my apartment & their appointed billing company.

They send me water & sewage bill without giving any data, on what basis they are asking me that amount…! Whatever they want, they charge without any data justification.

Like we get bill with clear data reading from Electricity Company (that shows clear data from start reading to end reading), but here we don’t get that kind of any supportive data form this apartment / billing company.

Can I file a law suit against their unjustified practices..?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Gary R. Beniwal
Pontiac, MI

FarmerJ

Gary if your getting a bill from another firm other than the city for water and sewer , contact your states utility regulatory agency and ask them for information related to sub metered billing done by other partys and what your states laws allow when a tenant is asked to pay another party other than the original supplier ( city or local util firm )

garyall

Gary if your getting a bill from another firm other than the city for water and sewer , contact your states utility regulatory agency and ask them for information related to sub metered billing done by other partys and what your states laws allow when a tenant is asked to pay another party other than the original supplier ( city or local util firm )
* This was only written in apartment lease agreement that this third party agency will send bill for utlity & I would have to pay them ...

* This thrid party angency does not tell any meter reading & just sends the bill on their own calculation...so it comes with very much fluctuations...sometime $ 30...sometimes $ 40 just for water charges...

* This is not the state utlity agency, they are private billers.

By Law, Can I ask them to send me real bill for my apartment only...as apartment property has not installed the seperate meters for all these apartments.

Please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">