• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter to Tenant for non-payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mynt

What is the name of your state? FL

Could someone please link me to where I can find a sample letter I can send certified mail to my tenant requesting payment of rent.

Thanks!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? FL

Could someone please link me to where I can find a sample letter I can send certified mail to my tenant requesting payment of rent.

Thanks!
**A: there are numerous forms online. Do a search. And read your state statutes.

treese

You need to have the tenant served with a 3 day Notice to Pay or Quit.

http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html

Non-Payment of Rent
Section 83.56(3), F.S.
The landlord must serve you, the tenant, a written notice allowing three days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) for you to pay the rent or move from the premises.
If you do not pay the rent or move, he/she may begin legal action to evict you.

In order for the landlord to gain payment of rent or possession of the dwelling, he/she must file suit in county court. If the court agrees with the landlord, you will be notified in writing. You then have five days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) to respond – also in writing – to the court. If you do not respond or a judgment is entered against you, the clerk of the county court will issue a “Writ of Possession” to the sheriff who will notify you that eviction will take place in 24 hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">