• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifetime lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chickie_42240

My mother and father have a lifetime lease on a house they gave me in Virginia in 1992. My father recently passed away and my mother lives there. My 36 yr old brother lives there too he has no lease or anything is there any way i can evict him ? I need help...

HomeGuru

You may be referring to a Lifetime Estate that is real estate related rather than a lifetime lease that is L/T related.
You need to read the legal document for the terms and conditions.

H

happy&lucky

chances are if your mother wants him to stay he can, but that doesnt mean he can live there rent free

Who is paying the bills on the house is really the question to ask...

If YOU are paying, then hand your brother a notice saying he is trespassing, and if he wishes to stay on Dec 1st he will have to start paying rent of $xxx each and every month as well as 1/2 of the utilities, any missed payment and you will start evcition proceedings immediately.

If your mother is paying the bills, then she has a right to cover her sons butt!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">