• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Live-in Girlfriend Refuses to Move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

getthosekeysmil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My friend broke up with his fiance a few weeks ago, but she refuses to move out of the apartment they shared together and she is no longer paying her half of the rent and utilities. He is at a loss as to what to do because he doesn't want to do the wrong/illegal thing. The lease and utility bills are in his name only. What are the legal options he can take to have her move out?

Proserpina

My friend broke up with his fiance a few weeks ago, but she refuses to move out of the apartment they shared together and she is no longer paying her half of the rent and utilities. He is at a loss as to what to do because he doesn't want to do the wrong/illegal thing. The lease and utility bills are in his name only. What are the legal options he can take to have her move out?

He needs to evict her legally according to the rules of Texas, which shouldn't be difficult for him to Google.

applecruncher

What's your interest in all this? Best not to get involved in your friend's :p dispute with his girlfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">