• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost my rental agreement letter. Need help Urgently.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hetulips

What is the name of your state?IL
Dear Sir,
We rented this apartment last 6th march. Because we moved on 6th, our owner took 600$s rent instead of 800$s but he took 800$s for deposit. Now as per our agreement, our rental agreement expires on 1st of march,2005. We confirm this with our landlord when he brought his original agreement to our home. But now only problem is that I have misplaced my rental agreement somewhere. We requested our landlord to get us new photo copy of the rental agreement but he told me that he will do it whenever he will get time and so far he hasn't done it for us.

Now my concern is that, is there any problem because of this? Also when we moved in, we paid our rent and security deposit by check. We gave two different checks for deposit and rent and clearly wrote on each check whether it's for rent or for deposit.

Will it be problem for me if I cannot show him photocopy of my rental agreement? What if he doesn't pay our security deposit back, is there anyway, we can fight for it?

Looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Hetul Patel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">