• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brasselouis

Connecticut. I am dealing with disrespectful neighbors who constantly play their music at all hours of the day and night. I confronted my landlord as well as made several complaints to the police. The landlord told me that there is nothing he can do about the loud music - even though the rules and regulations set forth clearly say no loud music - and he offered me another apartment down the block. This apartment won't be ready until early November, and that's if the people who reside there leave willingly. What can I do about the problem that I will ahave to deal with for the next two months.
Also, when I call the landlord and tell him about the music, he calls my neighbors and they ignorantly turn the music up even louder. I call the police and they don't answer the door when the police knock. I told he landlord what's going on and he says there is nothing he could do until the other apartment is ready, and if I can't deal with it I should look someplace else for an apartment. What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">