• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Math on Lease is Incorrect - Landlord is Now Requesting Extra Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

divamissx

What is the name of your state? Florida

Rental office left a notice on my door that states I owe them an additional $210 for failure to pay 2 months of my garage rental. I was confused because I've paid the same amount each month that I've been here. They listed each of the detailed amounts (monthly rent, trash removal, garage rental, 7-month short-term fee, etc.) and a total amount. I checked them and the numbers didn't add up to the total. So I pulled out my lease and it's the same... the individual numbers are listed but they don't add up to the total amount they have listed that is due each month. I have been paying the amount that is listed as the total due each month. If they screwed up the math on the lease, am I responsible for it?

JETX

divamissx said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Rental office left a notice on my door that states I owe them an additional $210 for failure to pay 2 months of my garage rental. I was confused because I've paid the same amount each month that I've been here. They listed each of the detailed amounts (monthly rent, trash removal, garage rental, 7-month short-term fee, etc.) and a total amount. I checked them and the numbers didn't add up to the total. So I pulled out my lease and it's the same... the individual numbers are listed but they don't add up to the total amount they have listed that is due each month. I have been paying the amount that is listed as the total due each month. If they screwed up the math on the lease, am I responsible for it?
If it was a simple math error... yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">