• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile Home in a park (landlord/tenant question)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brackenhass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

About 6 years ago, my wife purchased a 1979 single-wide mobile home and lived in it for about a year. She then did a contract sale to a couple. I believe the contract expired in 2005 or 2006. However, at the moment, the current tenants have not paid lot rent for the previous 3 months. Now, the mobile home park is coming after my wife for past due lot rent. Is this possible? She has not been in there for 6 or 7 years.

Also, the attorney for the mobile home park has apparently sent a notice of legal action in regards to the above issue. Included in that notice was the eviction notice that was given to the current tenants on 7/31/2008, a copy of which we have never received. Of course, had we been notified of this, we would have followed through on the process and had them evicted. If anyone has any suggestions about this, it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

acmb05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

About 6 years ago, my wife purchased a 1979 single-wide mobile home and lived in it for about a year. She then did a contract sale to a couple. I believe the contract expired in 2005 or 2006. However, at the moment, the current tenants have not paid lot rent for the previous 3 months. Now, the mobile home park is coming after my wife for past due lot rent. Is this possible? She has not been in there for 6 or 7 years.
Yes if she never transferred the lot to the new owners.

Also, the attorney for the mobile home park has apparently sent a notice of legal action in regards to the above issue. Included in that notice was the eviction notice that was given to the current tenants on 7/31/2008, a copy of which we have never received. Of course, had we been notified of this, we would have followed through on the process and had them evicted. If anyone has any suggestions about this, it would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Pay what is owed and get the lot switched over to the new owners names, which should have been done when she sold the place. Then sue the new owners for what you had to pay in lot rent.

brackenhass

ok....however,

the park had an application for the tenants to be approved to rent in the park. That agreement needed a co-signor. At that point, at least on the surface, it would seem that upon approval by the park, the responsibility is transferred to the tenant and/or co-signor. Is that wrong? I am meeting with the park owner tomorrow. Just trying to gather some information.

Thanks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">