• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold in rental unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

n_humphrey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I recently moved out of a private party rental unit. The landlord just called me and said there was mold in the unit and he was deducting it from my security deposit. I had no idea there was mold in the unit. I want to know am I responsible for this or is the landlord?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I recently moved out of a private party rental unit. The landlord just called me and said there was mold in the unit and he was deducting it from my security deposit. I had no idea there was mold in the unit. I want to know am I responsible for this or is the landlord?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What caused the mold?

That would be the determinant for who pays.

Hot Topic

I'd find out on what he bases his claim that you are responsible for the mold, where the mold is located and what the name of the company is that's cleaning up the mold.

For all you know, nothing has been done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">