• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion For Relief From Stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mssuzyq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

I currently have a month to month lease with a tenant who has not made a payment in 3 months as of January 1, 2010. I evicted him through the legal system back in December and our court date was 12/30/2009 at 10:00 am. When the judge called my name, he asked if I had seen the document titleled Bankrupcty Chapter 13 which had been faxed over at 9:49 am that same day. Of course I had not seen this document. After researching a landlords rights in Texas, it is very disappointing and hard to understand how a NON Paying Tenant can get away with somehting like this. He rents from me, he does not own this condo but the judge could not proceed with the eviction until I file a Motion For Relief From Stay. I need help in filing this motion. I need direction as to what or how this needs to be presented to the bankruptcy judge so I can move forward with this eviction. An example would be perfect if anyone has one available. I would be so appreciative with any advice you can provide.

HELP!

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

I currently have a month to month lease with a tenant who has not made a payment in 3 months as of January 1, 2010. I evicted him through the legal system back in December and our court date was 12/30/2009 at 10:00 am. When the judge called my name, he asked if I had seen the document titleled Bankrupcty Chapter 13 which had been faxed over at 9:49 am that same day. Of course I had not seen this document. After researching a landlords rights in Texas, it is very disappointing and hard to understand how a NON Paying Tenant can get away with somehting like this. He rents from me, he does not own this condo but the judge could not proceed with the eviction until I file a Motion For Relief From Stay. I need help in filing this motion. I need direction as to what or how this needs to be presented to the bankruptcy judge so I can move forward with this eviction. An example would be perfect if anyone has one available. I would be so appreciative with any advice you can provide.

HELP!
That sounds extremely complicated and I suggest you invest in a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">