• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moved Out, Who Pays for Oil Left in Fuel Tank? AND Condo Conversion Query: My Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RenDeb227

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

1) I lived in a 1st-floor apt. in 2-family; owner sold house. New owner closed 4/15. Fuel oil auto-delivered on my tenant account 4/8. Season balance owed: $819.50. I paid $475.34 (balance due as of 3/31). New owner does NOT want to pay 4/8 shipment of $344.16; probably owes more since I didn't use remaining oil and overpaid for the season. What are my rights?

2) New owner closed 4/15. Said upstairs apt. would be gutted and renovated beginning 4/16, six days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m and my apt. would go condo in Sept. I could stay through construction and pay rent, then he would offer me option to buy condo (can't afford) OR I would have to leave. I found a place in a hurry, rather than be forced out or live in a construction zone! I signed tenancy-at-will agreement 4/15-4/23, moved out. Am I owed $750 for relocation costs according to Mass. law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">