• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving back into my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrTazzz

What is the name of your state? California.

I own a home in Southern California which I have rented out for the past 2+ years, while I have been living in Northern California. Now, due to job factors, I am back in So. Calf. I have been back for two months now and I have not been able to find suitable housing. Is it legal / reasonable for me to ask my tenet to vacate the home (with at least 30 days notice) so I can move back in? Also, the tenet is on a month-to-month rental agreement.

S

sonofamoo

THAT is EXACTLY what month to month means.....

Give a 30 days notice in writing for toady and to be out in 30 days then when they dont leave, you will have to spend $$$ to evcit them.

Hint: It might be lot cheaper to go over there and explain you situation, and look over the apartment, and hand them back 2/3 of their security deposit, and make them sign an agreement to be out in 30 days, or the agreement is void, and they would be liable for being a holdover , court costs ,your legal fees, PLUS any and all damages to the apartment. And the other 1/3 when they hand you the keys.

I think if they saw the cash they would move.

Last edited:

abezon

Don't refund the deposit early. Just give them written notice, certified RRR, to vacate in 30 days. Deliver notice this week effective October 31. Find a hotel that rents by the month or stay with friends.

S

sonofamoo

If you Dont give them the money, why should they make your life easier?

abezon

Sonofamoo, you're still a loserrrr. If he gives them back their money early and they trash the place, he has no security deposit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">