• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving, do I still have to pay rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dank94

Indiana,

Hey All,

I'm new here and I had a question about, my lease. I just got a new job in Ohio and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can break my lease without paying. I have heard that I could. I have moved about 75miles away into another state. My landlord say I have to pay, all my rent that is do. I can't break my lease even though my job is in another state. Does anyone know if I Can legally break my lease because I have taken another job and moved out of state. If you have any weblinks to show I would like to see them also. Thanks for all the help I can get.

Dan

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dank94 said:
Indiana,

Hey All,

I'm new here and I had a question about, my lease. I just got a new job in Ohio and I was wondering if anyone know if I can break my lease without paying. I have heard that I could. I have moved about 75miles away into another state. My landlord say I have to pay all my rent do that I can't break my lease even though my job is in another state. Does anyone know if Can legally break my lease because I have taken another job and moved out of state. If you have any weblinks to show I would like to see them also. Thanks for all the help I can get.

Dan

My response:

Dan, what is a "lease"?

Complete this sentence with one word . . .

"A lease is a ______________."

IAAL

Just Blue

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Dan, what is a "lease"?

Complete this sentence with one word . . .

"A lease is a ______________."

IAAL
Oh!Oh!oh! I know this!!! Can I answer? :D

treese

I'm new here and I had a question about, my lease. I just got a new job in Ohio and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can break my lease without paying.
No. You are legally bound to the lease.

I have heard that I could. I have moved about 75miles away into another state. My landlord say I have to pay, all my rent that is do. I can't break my lease even though my job is in another state.
You heard wrong. The LL is right. You are obligated to pay rent until a new tenant is found. The LL can also hold you liable for any costs he will incur due to your breach, such as: advertising, agent fees etc.

Does anyone know if I Can legally break my lease because I have taken another job and moved out of state.
No.

If you have any weblinks to show I would like to see them also.
You will not find any links with the information that you want because they don't exist.

south

Ask Rummy

Dank94 said:
Indiana,

Hey All,

I'm new here and I had a question about, my lease. I just got a new job in Ohio and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can break my lease without paying. I have heard that I could. I have moved about 75miles away into another state. My landlord say I have to pay, all my rent that is do. I can't break my lease even though my job is in another state. Does anyone know if I Can legally break my lease because I have taken another job and moved out of state. If you have any weblinks to show I would like to see them also. Thanks for all the help I can get.

Dan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">