• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My landlord is keeping my security deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AliceL

Hello guys.
I want to sue my landlord for keeping my security deposit. What happened was they accused me for threw trash all over the trash room, and ordering me to clean it up. I told them that those aren't my doing, and it is full of trash because the building didn't clean up the trash room for 3 days. I will not clean someone else's trash for them, and they cannot accusing me just because I'm moving out. They refuse to take my statement, and they told me they gonna charge me for the trash removal, the worst part is they said things in a very horrible way and told me to "get out of the building."

I'm so angry and don't know what to do.....

I am in US, Phila PA...

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Hello guys.
I want to sue my landlord for keeping my security deposit. What happened was they accused me for threw trash all over the trash room, and ordering me to clean it up. I told them that those aren't my doing, and it is full of trash because the building didn't clean up the trash room for 3 days. I will not clean someone else's trash for them, and they cannot accusing me just because I'm moving out. They refuse to take my statement, and they told me they gonna charge me for the trash removal, the worst part is they said things in a very horrible way and told me to "get out of the building."

I'm so angry and don't know what to do.....
Sorry, US Law only.

Gail in Georgia

Time to grow up and be a big girl. What is more important; picking up trash or getting your security deposit back? Seriously.

Clean up the trash, make certain you leave your rental unit clean and undamaged; take pictures of the condition of the rental unit at move out for evidence of how you left it. Wait the appropriate time for your state to receive documentation regarding the status of your security deposit.

If you do not agree with what you receive THEN you consider a lawsuit regarding this matter. You would use your pictures of the condition of the rental unit at move out as evidence to show the court that you left it clean and undamaged and to dispute any claims of damage by the landlord.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">