• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my lease is up. I can't move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MARNIENELA

What is the name of your state? new york

our lease is up at the end of this month. today our landlord says he is not renewing our lease but he will let us stay only till the end of november. he says it is because our son makes too much noise. ( my son is 2 and runs around a lot during the day). under normal circumstances we would probably pack up and move and good riddance to the landlord from hell but i am expecting another baby at the end of the august and will not be in any condition to move till at least early next year ( we are buying a house). Can we stay on past november if we cannot find a place?

we have not violated any terms of our lease and we have even, at our own expense, put padding on the kitchen floor to minimize the noise.

Cvillecpm

No....you will be a tenant "at will" with the landlord and he can probably just give you a 30 day written notice to move.

If you can't move into new home you are purchasing by time your notice period ends, put your items in U-Haul and move in with friends and relatives.

If you don't abide by your lease terms, landlord can sue you and when he gets a judgement, it will attach to your new home as a lien and cause you more problems than you can possibly imagine in the future.

Keep your son quiet...take him to the park during the day and get him tired so he does not run around during the evening and disturb neighbors!!!! Keep him quiet - this is one of the PRIMO reasons that children can be excluded in most rentals where landlord lives in the property....they don't want to be around them

Y

yoyoma

You had better TODAY.........see your landlord and get it in writing that you can stay until Novemeber.

This is a MUST DO for TODAY!

Start packing and learn how to raise cash by selling you junk and unused items on EBAY!!!!

http://www.ebay.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">