• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Rights - Tenant vs Landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HerMom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I live in a one bedroom apartment (900 sq ft) on first floor. In August 2008, a gentleman rented the apartment above me and then 2 weeks later he moves in his wife and 3 children, so I have 5 people living in a one bedroom apartment (900 sq ft), I told the management that they have 5 people upstairs (otherwords he broke his contract) but they allowed them to stay because they have personal issues. Well so do we all. I complain about the loud noise which is constant and I can't take the noise any longer it stresses me out.

Is there any legal help I can get?

HerMom

Update

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I live in a one bedroom apartment (900 sq ft) on first floor. In August 2008, a gentleman rented the apartment above me and then 2 weeks later he moves in his wife and 3 children, so I have 5 people living in a one bedroom apartment (900 sq ft), I told the management that they have 5 people upstairs (otherwords he broke his contract) but they allowed them to stay because they have personal issues. Well so do we all. I complain about the loud noise which is constant and I can't take the noise any longer it stresses me out.

Is there any legal help I can get?

Update
The Management called me today they said the upstairs are now on a NO TOLERANCE - WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY THIS?

HerMom

They said they couldn't get into details with me but they were on a no tolerance at this moment. So not sure what they mean. \

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">