• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My roommate has a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allisong41031

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I recently signed a year lease in a student living community for a four bedroom four bathroom shared with 3 other adults. When I moved in, there was also a toddler(not sure exactly his age, but he definitely seems older than 2). The toddler throws tantrums, bangs on my door, runs around the apartment, and is so unruly to the point that I have not even slept at my apartment. My shower was also broken for the first 3 weeks and they just fixed it ( but only half way- the water pressure has been adjusted but the shower head is still coming out of the wall to the point it won't even hold a shower caddy). There is trash all over the complex, and it is advertised as a gated community but the gates don't work, and someone was shot to death a few weeks ago in the parking lot.
I told the leasing office of the toddler, and they say they'll look into it, but are refusing to even move me, so at this point I want out of my lease. Is there anyway to do this without being fined or evicted for just not paying rent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">