• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my signature forged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e.m.e.

What is the name of your state?
ny state.
Hi every one.
I have a problem here. I live on Staten Island, New York City. I am a section8 tenant, 3rd year in this appartment. Every time my lease expired I signed a new one. I have been telling my landlord that I wanted to move since last year. This year in July, 2006, I was supposed to renew lease again. Ofcourse I wouldn't do that. Since July I havent gotten any papers from him. I went to Sec8 office...they said "its lendlord/tenant" issues we don't deal with that. I went to legal Aid Society here on Staten Island, an attorney saw me, took my info and sent me home.:mad: Then I never heard from her again. So then I called, she said that there was no ongoing lease when she "checked" my files. Then...then....then...
I requested 3 copies of my lease from the Housing Outhority in New York City. The lease is there, it was received by them in July. So it looks like she maybe lied to me or something...there is no justice at all. The signature on my 2006 lease looks just like mine! exectly like those on the leases of 2003 and 2005. Its perfect. But I didn't put it down . I am shocked at how perfect it looks. How is it possible?No one will ever believe me. Even more, where it asks what kind of a heat is used in the house he checked the box"natural gas" but it's oil. I am traped in this crapy place. They did the same thing to my neighbor upstairs. Last time she didnt sign any lease and it just , all of a sudden, renewed itself :eek: :eek: My lease is signed for the next 2 years, OMG it expires in 2008. I am stuck here like a fool.
Even the Legal Aid Society ignored me. Of cours, who wants to deal with us .....

Plese, if anyone had any problem with forgery of their signature on a legal document, or has been to court or knows how to prove it, or what ever you know about it please post it. It is very important. Landlords don't care and take advantage of us in every way possible.

thanks a lot....

...oh, and you haven't seen the back yard of this house.....

Last edited:

Cvillecpm

Your post raises more questions than you have answered....

How is your landlord getting paid from the PHA with no lease?
The lease would have been sent to you for signature..How did it get BACK to the PHA with your signature?

The "fake attorney" is probably a para-legal/law student. You needed her assistance and instead you gave her attitude....WHY? How would a Legal Aid attorney in Staten Island have access to your PHA lease files?

Talk to your landlord about your options for getting out of your lease and then start looking for new housing. Make sure you get your PHA's blessing for the lease/housing change.

FYI - 2008 is NEXT year - not 2 years from now.

e.m.e.

How is your landlord getting paid from the PHA with no lease?
exectly...I have no idea...thanks ( any website where I could find info about this?)
I will ask her that question

attitude......I was so nice to her, it is just when I found out that she did lie...because now I have that copy of the lease....and who else can I talk to?
I am so mad that it does look like I have an attitude

The "fake attorney" is probably a para-legal/law student.
nuh, she looks 50 and nothing like a student:p

Talk to your landlord
I tried eeverything...he is never available.

How would a Legal Aid attorney in Staten Island have access to your PHA lease files?
i signed some release form to give her permission to find out something about the lease situation

anything else?pleazzze?

Last edited:

Cvillecpm

"Legal Aid woman" intake person is NEVER an attorney....you think they might have more important items to deal with like actually going to court and defending people...LAW actually saw your signature on the lease that was provided by the PHA and your story did not "track" for her.

Making a police report on the forgery is a viable option and maybe that will get your landlord's attention. The PHA is not going to admit or research any mistake - it is up to you to PROVE you did not sign the newest lease.

e.m.e.

LAW actually saw your signature on the lease that was provided by the PHA
see...thats what I don't get....saw and said there was no lease at all?

Making a police report on the forgery
yeah, and how do I prove it?
anyone could just go and claim what ever they want, I am sure they have planty of crazy people everyday.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
yeah, and how do I prove it?
anyone could just go and claim what ever they want, I am sure they have planty of crazy people everyday.
Exactly!

Also, this is NOT a 911 (ie: life threatening) emergency. Call your local police station or stop by to make the report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">