• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My tenant damaged property, no rent, damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpikor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. My tenant said I was harassing her because I asked for the late rent. Every month for three years, she was late in paying on a rent to own agreement. She damaged the property in excess of $5000, removed laundry tubs, window fixtures, gutted a room to nothing, broke windows, and sawed through rafters in the attic. This imposes a threat to the structure of the home. Dog urine on all carpeting, removed ceramic floor in kitchen and failed to pay water and sewage? The agreement specifically stated that no structural change be made or no fixtures be removed from the premises. She even gave her kids a can of black spray paint to paint over their bedroom walls and doors. Broken glass in the basement. I fear for her children. Can I collect damages? RP

ecmst12

Why on EARTH have you let this go on so long???? Get a lawyer and evict her deadbeat rear end!

I say get a lawyer because you are clearly clueless about how to proceed without one so it will be much easier for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">