• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help evicting horse tenant/Refuse entry to spouse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Horsehelpneeded

Leesburg, VA. A woman rented the horse horse facility at our residence on 11/20/2006. She has paid me no rent to date. I served the 5-day pay or quit on 1/6/2007. On 1/6/2007, I also provided notice that her lease would terminate and not be renewed effective 2/19/2007. She claims to be ill, and her husband has been caring for the horses for the past two months. The husband is not on the lease. May I refuse him entry? Particularly after 2/19/2007? I filed for eviction, and our court date is 3/5/2007. I am having difficulty serving her. Her home address is NOT on the lease, and as she has not been here in 2 months, we cannot serve her at the business. The husband comes daily; however, we can only serve the husband or mother at her home address. I located them yesterday (I actually saw them) leaving an apartment in a neighboring city (I found this address on-line leased to another person with same last name). I filled out an alias form with court to change the service address. I also reported her to Animal Control because the husband has been poorly caring for the horses. My plan is to refuse entry to the husband, thereby forcing her to come here (where we can still try to serve her). I suspect that she will not come. After 5 days, Animal Control considers them abandoned and will confiscate them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">