• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help - family crisis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladyjade79

What is the name of your state? I live in Georgia, mobile home that I own is in Alabama

Ok, about 7 years ago I got a loan in my name for a mobile home for my mother to live in. She has terrible credit and obviously could not get it in her name. The verbal agreement - never had a written agreement - that she would pay the loan payment each month on time and I would not charge her any additional rent. The last 2 years she has almost had the mobile home forclosed on a couple of different times and I have had it with the situation. I want her out of the mobile home so that I can sell it and I don't have to deal with it anymore. Since there was not a written agreement, do the same laws apply as far as eviction notices or do other laws apply in a situation like this? If anyone can offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Gadfly

Well now you know why she couldn't get a loan!:rolleyes:

Is your mother's name on the mobile home or just hers?

ladyjade79

Tell me about it! This is one of those times where I wish I could roll back time! :(

But no, the loan is just in my name, nothing in her name.

LindaP777

You're going to have to evict mamma! What can be worse? Your choices; evict her or carry her the rest of her life. Sad, very sad.

MyHouse

question

Have you warned her that you will evict if she does not pay? Perhaps if you gave her a warning in writing then she would respond appropriately. Sorry you have to go through this. I hate it when people take advantage of other people's generosity.

LindaP777

I hate it when people take advantage of other people's generosity.
Thanks exact it, isn't it? You try to be nice and help out a loved one and then they kick you in the teeth. That plus the fact that we expect more from our parents. Our kids, sure, I could see helping them out (and have) but our PARENTS? We expect them to have learned the life lessons and have it together financially!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">