+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neighbors

Lorie4A Guest

Angry Neighbors

I live in the Bay Area, Northern California.

I live in my apartment for almost three years now and I have issues with my new neighbors. They're always fighting where there is a knife involved. And my young kids always see them. I never called a police to make complaints. But lately, my neighbors are invading my privacy such as if my kids are playing outside, they would call the cops anonymously telling them that my kids were home alone and ended up that they weren't. Then I have a 13 year old nephew that I left for an hour and took advantage again by calling telling them that I have young kids home alone. I'm starting to get tired of them playing games. Not to mention, they threatened my nephew that they would beat him up. I need to know my rights. What can I do to stop this? I tried talking to my landlord but it seems like nothing is happening.

First, is it okay for them to fight with a knife involved infront of my kids? Secondly, what are his/our rights if my nephew was being threatened by an adult? Lastly, cops are getting involved with this games and finding out that it's a false alarm. Of course, they take it seriously if they have a call regarding about kids being home alone so they don't know if it is a prank. What can I do to get the cops to believe that they're just playing games as soon as they receive the call?
    FarmerJ is offline Senior Member
    Have you learned what age is babysitting age in your state ? (age where the youth is old enough to not have to have a adult supervise them for x amount of time ) keep written records of every call to police with dates and times . Your best way of dealing with this may be from the police , the LL would have to have a ton of proof to get rid of them SO your gonna have to provide alot of information regarding incidents . It is actaully harder to get rid of tenants for any reason other than nonpayment.
    dequeendistress is offline Senior Member
    So, why is it you have NOT called the police in order to validate YOUR complaints and the serious nature inferred in your post.
    Lorie4A Guest
    Originally posted by FarmerJ
    Have you learned what age is babysitting age in your state ? (age where the youth is old enough to not have to have a adult supervise them for x amount of time ) keep written records of every call to police with dates and times . Your best way of dealing with this may be from the police , the LL would have to have a ton of proof to get rid of them SO your gonna have to provide alot of information regarding incidents . It is actaully harder to get rid of tenants for any reason other than nonpayment.
    He is 13 years old... I'm bout to find out the legal age... Thanks...
    Lorie4A Guest
    Originally posted by dequeendistress
    So, why is it you have NOT called the police in order to validate YOUR complaints and the serious nature inferred in your post.
    I did call the cops last nite but it was a little too late to do anything so I'll be calling them again...
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Lorie4A
    I did call the cops last nite but it was a little too late to do anything so I'll be calling them again...
    **A: keep calling them each and everytime for such incidents.