• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's trash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homeinworcester

My neighbor's tenants have been putting their trash out in front of my house the night before trash pick-up. I've asked them repeatedly not to put the trash in front of my house, as I am responsible for the upkeep of the grassed sidewalk. My tenants do not put their trash out until the actual morning of pick-up. Whenever the neighbor puts her trash out at night, animals get into it and scatter the trash all over the place. I end up having to pick up their trash and dirty diapers. This past week I was away and luckily my conscientious tenants took the time to pick up the neighbor's trash. When I ask her not to put it there, she replies that she "will put her trash where ever she wants". She even left a note in my mailbox telling me that she will put it out there is she feels like it. What recourse do I have? If the trash is out there, the city will issue me a health code violation and fine.

HomeGuru

Call the police an file a report regarding the trash. Then call the USPS regarding the use of your mailbox which is a Federal offense. File a complaint with the City.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">