• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never signed a lease and landlord accusing of damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThemeParkGuy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I moved into a property that a friend was renting back on June of 2014. He was living there for 2 years with other tenants. When I moved in to replace the tenants I never signed a lease. In August of 2015, the original tenant moved out who had the original lease with the landlord (which expired before I moved in) and I started making the rental payments. I am moving out and the landlord says I have to pay for the damages (capret stains a hole) These damages were there when I moved in. The landlord never did any inspection walks when tenants moved out or when I moved in. What should I do?

FarmerJ

Do you have any thing that would help show a court that the damage was there when you moved in such as dated pictures ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">