+ Reply to Thread

New Oregon law 60 day no-cause eviction?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
    I have read that there is a new Oregon law that took affect in Jan of this year. For no-cause does a landlord have to give you 60 days instead of 30?
    I have lived her since Jan 08. Have filed a discrimination charge against the owners here. They granted a stay until the investigation is over (long story) (some of you probably remember me?) They keep giving me notices anyway.
    I remind you that this is NO-Cause.
    I have found conflicting information about the notice. One place says that as long as you have lived somewhere for over a year, a 60 day notice is a appropriate. another says that If the person moved in after Jan 2010. Does anyone know the Real answer?
    Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

This is what you are looking for:

Leases affected are those entered into after January, 2010.

Leases entered after Jan 2010

Thank you Gail for your reply, and information. I'm still trying to figure out something though.
    I had a one year Lease when I moved in Jan 2009. that Lease ended and i got a roommate. There was a NEW rental agreement(month-month) put into place. I was put on a month-month even though under normal circumstances(which this is NOT)at my place of residence, usually a one year lease rolls over and renews for another year What I understand, the new law states that an agreement entered into after Jan 2010?
    I guess my question now is: Since We have entered into a new rental agreement after that date (JAN 2010) Would that include us in the new law? Since we signed a NEW agreement? Or do we still fall under the old lease?
    Thank you

Does anyone have any info on this subject?

+ Reply to Thread