• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No landlord address, can't complete SC service.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nuna

CA
I am having trouble getting back my deposit but I can't get through to the landlord. I have a pobox which I can't send certified letters to and a phone number which no one answers and a voice mail that no one replies from.

Throughout my tenancy I dealt with management for the complex but once I moved they won't talk to me and refer me to that hard to reach owner/landlord.

I've called every source in the county to get his address but only get a pobox. What do to reach him now? Do I have to hire a private investigator to track him?

FarmerJ

Suggest you use a paid search tool lile USSearch.com when I was searching for my sisters child I had a name but needed a street address and paid for a search on the net to get address. Also have you searched reverse telephone directorys and reverse phone data bases by area code and number to try to learn a address ? Nuna you can also send letters doing a certificate of mailing so no signature is needed I used certificates of mailing to do all matters with my tenants when I had rentals . What about city rental licenses or fire dept records any of them have a address other than PO B? Nuna also if the management was indeed the agent of the owner just why is it you cannot name them in a civil court suit re your deposit ,

Last edited:
N

nuna

I have checked with the online reverse lookups and got no info and I checked the City Clerk's office, Business Tax Office and the County Assessors Office, all had no more than I do.

I'm going to take my chances with certified mail to his po box, if it fails I'll have to go to professionals. The small claims advisor suggested I hire a PI.

I don't know why I can't talk to management about my deposit problem, the contract says I can't and they refuse to talk to me and are extra rude to me now that I've moved out (I called back to confirm the owner's contact info).
I'm amazed that governmental records accept a po box for the owner's address and that there isn't a designated officer to accept service like with any other business.

FarmerJ

Nuna when I paid for the search info to get address to find the child that my sister had placed for adoption back in 78 I had it pegged right with his name and the search people came up with his address over in WI . it was 9.95 I fail to understand why this management company cannot be taken to court since they were agent for the LL . Perhaps HomeGuru or Jetx will be able to offer information for you I have nothing more to offer . I am surprised that this LL can use a PO box as well atleast where I live if one has to have a rental lic or occcupancy certificate for rentals the cities insist on actual real street address of owner and an phone number USE certificate of mailing if it is allowed for service in your state . no one has to sign for it BUT you get a recpt proving you have sent something in mail to him/her .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">