• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Rest for us!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adam2001

NO REST FOR US!

My wife, 9 month old and I have lived in our apartment for 4 months and have received only 2 weeks of peace. We have looked over handbboks and our lease and have made all the proper contacts available to us. Our landlord has proven herself to be very irritated and angry with our complaints. So much, that we have stopped complaining for the last 2 months, due to the fact that the last time we reported a problem, she came into our home as well as the surounding apartments and made more trouble than before! We were told as a result, that our complaint was not a true problem and she felt we were indeed "Chronic Complainers!"
Since then we Video tape all the loud and disturbing noises and sometimes leave our home. We ask for her to review and consider breaking our lease or we could give a 30 day notice, she responded with "We will sue you!" We NEVER get any rest or peace and are scared to even call the office again. We were told to call the police or go downstairs our selves to repair this problem. Can someone please help us? We are in Hendersonville,Tennessee. WE CAN NO LONGER MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY TAKE THIS AND NEED SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!!!! Thank You!

D

djdj

YOU'RE IN REDNECK TERRITORY BOY..... WADDA U XPECT FROM US LOW LIFES?

You have got to do better for yourself, the wife has got to get a job so you can have more money to rent in a nicer area.

Call the police and make formal complaints then withold the rent, she cant lock you out.....that is Illegal and you can have the landlord arrested which is what you want.

You are verifing everything, so let her take you to court,OR BETTER YET.....sue her for violation of the lease, you want out of your lease and a Judge can do that!

[Edited by djdj on 02-01-2001 at 05:41 PM]

L

LL

You haven't described what your problem is, but I'm going to guess that you have a noisy neighbor and you expected the landlady to do something about the problem, and you didn't give up, which got you labelled as a chronic complainer.

Let's put our thinking caps on.

Such a problem is basically unsolvable, the way you want to solve it. A landlord can negotiate among tenants, but he can't force any of them to give up any of their basic rights to live in the rented home the way they want, subject only to reasonable restrictions. The "chronic complainer" tenant is known to all landlords. I had a woman who complained about noise from each of 3 different upstairs tenants, including:
The exercise machine upstairs made too much noise; The upstairs tenants woke her up when they came home late at night; The upstairs tenants were shouting on Superbowl Sunday.

I don't know what you expect to do with your videotape; I don't think that anyone will be willing to look at it. I don't think that you have any grounds for legal action.

You have basically two choices: One is to learn to get along with the neighbor, and the other is to leave. If you become too much of a problem for the landlord, guess what he (she) will do?

Leaving may cost you some money, but if you made a mistake in taking the apartment, and it is so important to you, it's probably worth it to you in peace of mind.

See
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=39728
for a similar problem.

A

adam2001

NOISE!

Ok, I See! First of all I only wanted advice on breking the lease or not? My problem is indeed NOISE. My wife and I both work full time job and make very good money! We moved to this area of Hendersonville, because we were told that it was a private rental community, after looking at the rental unit several times, it looked great and safe for our family. It wasn't until one week later, that the problems began. Long story,to make it short, could only experienced persons reply to my post, not people that feel the need to assume they know us and our finances. WE need help on the real problem at hand, bad landlord, trashy neighbors and loud noise. thanks....

D

djdj

ahhh but you didnt interview the landlord, cant you sense they were rednecks?

I would sue the landlord in small claims court for violating the lease, and let a judge decide.

I guess if you want quiet, ya gotta rent a house since you have so much money...no more apartments for you....GOT THAT!

L

LL

Go and talk to the landlord and see what you can work out with him about leaving. It may cost you some money. It's up to you if it is worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">