• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise Violation off the property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lubitsky3624

PA

So My landlord wrote me up for a noise violation and is now threatening to evict me if there is another one...but the thing is the violation took place outside at the end of the block NOT on the apartments property.

The landlord claims that it disturbed the tenants so he can still write me up for it...it sucks this dude live right underneath me and writes me up for every bump in the night. I'm just wondering if he is legally ALOUD to write me up when the violation did not take place on the property?

Thanks, Steph.

BL

PA

So My landlord wrote me up for a noise violation and is now threatening to evict me if there is another one...but the thing is the violation took place outside at the end of the block NOT on the apartments property.

The landlord claims that it disturbed the tenants so he can still write me up for it...it sucks this dude live right underneath me and writes me up for every bump in the night. I'm just wondering if he is legally ALOUD to write me up when the violation did not take place on the property?

Thanks, Steph.
No he's not ALOUD to.

FarmerJ

Your LL can attempt to send you notices about such drivel that happens somewhere else , but in the end has to have not only a paper trail but the incidents have to occur on LL property and I think LL would look pretty foolish in court. As soon as your lease allows you to give proper written notice to move sent via certified mail plan for it.

John_DFW

but the incidents have to occur on LL property and I think LL would look pretty foolish in court.
It is entirely possible the tenant was off the property but causing enough noise to impact the tenants that were on the property, which wouldn't look foolish in court. Only the OP knows what they were doing, so I am just speculating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">