• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy neighbors with malodorous air coming through the A/C - Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luca719

I have been dealing with this issue for well over a month now. I have upstairs neighbors who are up all hours of the night (as in I have heard him awake 10 pm to 6 am) dropping stuff, yelling, running back and forth full speed. During the day it is usually quiet and I run my A/C without any problems. However as it gets to be night the sounds and smell come in through the walls and vents, respectively. I want to say the smell is of marijuana but I don't smoke so I can't be 100% sure. We have a courtesy officer who is a police officer and she and I have spoken 5 or 6 times. She makes reports, visits their apartment, had verbally verified to me she has smelled that smell. I spoke with my property manager today because I feel like they are not helping me at all (I know I have the right to live on a quiet clean environment especially quiet from 10 pm to 10 am), but she said after consulting their lawyers if they are smoking inside their apartment there is nothing they can do. I want to know if that is true or not and what I can do from this point. I got sick around the time the odor started and it may or may not be related but I am dealing with that via a doctor.

FarmerJ

The problem is that unless the LL can catch them in the act of smoking in the apartment IF the lease says there is to be no smoking its hard to prove for the LL, NOW as to noises what are your cities noise ords for so called quiet time at night ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">