• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Non-Lease Rentor from a Slumlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crick

What is the name of your state? New York

I agreed to move into an apartment under a non-lease condition, which meant that I can leave whenever I want. The place was looking good while it was being renovated and still somewhat does. My concerns are that there is no fire alarm in the apartment after asking, the plumbing was not working for 2 months, until it was finally half fixed last week, but turns out its worse because a professional didn't do it. For the past 2 months we had to shut the water off after using the bathroom, we cannot brush our teeth in the sink since it does not drain and the floor is a puddle of water from the faulty toilet. Her apartment is upstairs and the plumbing busted in her bathroom, leaving our ceiling leaking and warping, ruining some personal belongings in the linen closet. In addition, the security lights are not fixed either.

I can deal with the inconviences, but I hate when someone says they will do something and it never gets done. That makes me feel like they think I can be taken advantage of and played.

I want our of this apartment. But it is in NYC and going from one to another is expensive if you factor in moving expenses, security deposits and of course NYC real estate.

I feel like I wasted 1400 for the past three month and 1400 in security. I have to get out of there before I go nuts.

Any suggestions?What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">